Geoscape Land Parcels groups spatial information about the boundaries of parcels of land that can be bought and sold, and associated with an address, along with development potential.
Geoscape Land Parcels includes Cadastre, Property and Planning datasets for a combined complete picture of the property. Designed to link with each other, land parcels datasets have detailed information such as strata, planning zones and land boundaries.
With Geoscape Land Parcels you can eliminate multiple data sources, understand the complexity of sites with Strata titles, detailed zoning codes, access nationally consistent planning classifications in a standardised way
Enhance market analysis, insurance assessments and land valuation with consistent national coverage. We’ve done the hard work for you, access full states or select just the area you need for a ready to use base for your next project.
Get in touch with us
Datasets available in Land Parcels
How can you use Cadastre, Planning and Property?
Urban Design and Planning
Use the detailed zoning information to guide site selection and research the viability and impact of a proposed development.
Connect property sales data with land parcels to understand land bought and sold, track the location and attributes of land being transacted and identify emerging trends.
Combining Geoscape Cadastre, Planning and Property for detailed spatially accurate analytics.
Informed Site Selection
Select appropriate locations for retail or community centres, Census analysis, Centrelink support, health services, transport and regional development.
Planning information indicates how Australia could be developed. Use it as a framework for modelling potential growth in population, hosing and industry, and its impacts nationally.
Assess a specific site at an address ahead of undertaking works to understand where its boundaries are, any complexity in its structure and have information to make further queries on site usage, rights, restrictions and responsibilities.
Learn more about Datasets Attributes
Cadastre helps understand parcel boundaries and site complexity with a digital representation of land titles.
- Parcel ID allows for a direct lookup of the parcels title information in the jurisdictions Land Registry.
- Parcel ID also provides the linkage of Cadastre with G-NAF and Geoscape Address Services.
- Lot & Plan information that uniquely identifies the parcel in a plan.
- Parcel Type either Lot, Strata, Stratum or Road.
- Base Parcel enables visualisation and analytics across a non-overlapping layer of parcels.
- Strata Type either Horizontal (townhouses) or Vertical (apartments).
- Total Strata Count.
- Horizontal and Vertical Strata Count.
- Area in square metres.
Planning provides detailed planning zone codes and descriptions for parcels of land with links to relevant planning schemes or instruments.
- Zone Code as defined by the planning authority.
- Primary Zone provides a description defining the primary zone assigned to the parcel.
- Secondary Zone provides further detail where defined for a planning zone.
- National Zone classification provides an aggregated view of planning across Australia.
Property provides the representation of land boundaries used by the jurisdictions and local government for land valuation and the issuance of rates notices.
- Contributor ID provides a searchable identifier that can be used to find land valuation and rates information from the jurisdiction.
- Base Property allows for visualisation and analytics across a non-overlapping layer of parcels.
- Area in square metres.
- Property and Cadastre linkage provides a definition of the relationship between the Cadastre and Property.
Get Geoscape Land Parcels
Geoscape Self-serve Data Distribution Platform
Self-select and download just what you need – Cadastre, Planning
- ESRI Shapefile
- Autodesk DWG
Geoscape Authorised Partners
The dataset is also available under licence from Geoscape authorised partners.
Additionally, if you are looking at building next-generation solutions for your customers, our partner program may be a perfect fit.
Unlock the power of spatial data by choosing the right partnership for your business.
Whole-of-Australia data, when you just need it all – Cadastre, Planning and Property
- ESRI Shapefile
- MapInfo TAB
- File Geodatabase