Explore the data first. We have sample data available for download so you can explore the possibilities.
This is a visualisation of Geoscape sample data. Here you can explore what the spatial data looks like on a map. Like the download available below, the data is supplied in a variety of formats ready for spatial software and tools.
- Select which data to view using the check boxes in the left menu.
- Pan around the map with a left click and drag.
- Rotate and change the view angle with right click and drag.
- Zoom in and out with a scroll wheel.
What’s in the sample download?
The Geoscape sample data covers about 5.7 square kilometres and includes the suburb of Chatswood NSW and surrounding areas. The sample data includes:
- Buildings and their attributes such as planning zone, ground elevation, roof height, roof complexity and area.
- Addresses includes address string and latitude and longitude coordinates.
- Transport includes road and rail networks.
- Cadastre including legal property and land parcel boundaries.
- Solar Panel indicators on buildings.
- Swimming Pool indicators for buildings with pools located on the same address.
- Surface Cover that categorises the surface classification of the earth.
- Trees and tree heights for all tree classifications within the surface cover layer.
The included quick start guide describes how to visualise and review the data, using the open source tool QGIS. The guide also includes some basic examples to explore the data, and assumes no previous experience with QGIS or Geospatial Tools.
The sample is delivered in Esri Shapefile, Mapinfo TAB, Geodatabase and GeoTIFF formats.
Receive your sample
Complete this form to receive your Geoscape data sample.