Explore the data first. We have sample data available for download so you can explore the possibilities.
This is a visualisation of Geoscape sample data. Here you can explore what the spatial data looks like on a map. Like the download available below, the data is supplied in a variety of formats ready for spatial software and tools.
- Select which data to view using the check boxes in the left menu.
- Pan around the map with a left click and drag.
- Rotate and change the view angle with right click and drag.
- Zoom in and out with a scroll wheel.
What’s in the sample download?
The Geoscape sample data covers about 5.7 square kilometres and includes the suburb of Chatswood NSW and surrounding areas. The sample data includes:
- Buildings includes attributes such as planning zone, ground elevation, roof height, roof complexity, and indicators for the presence of solar panels and pools.
- Addresses includes the full address as an attribute, and location as coordinates.
- Cadastre includes the legal property and land parcel boundaries.
- Roads includes all road networks and speed limits where available.
- Surface Cover & Trees that classifies the surface materials of the earth, and shows heights for all tree classifications within the surface cover layer.
The included quick start guide describes how to visualise and review the data, using the open source tool QGIS. The guide also includes some basic examples to explore the data, and assumes no previous experience with QGIS or Geospatial Tools.
The sample is delivered in Esri Shapefile, Mapinfo TAB, Geodatabase and GeoTIFF formats.
Receive your sample
Complete this form to receive your Geoscape data sample.