Ensure your patient addresses are correct.
The piece of information collected from patients after their name is usually their address. If your staff or patients type that into a web form, chances are there’ll be errors.
- Bad data impacts health service provision and patient experience.
- Inaccurate records lead to inefficient business operations.
- Digital transformation of workflow is a priority for a coordinated, accountable and patient-centred healthcare provider.
3 steps to better patient addressing
Batch address cleansing
Autocomplete forms & address validation
Address data enrichment
Batch address cleansing fixes bad address data that has already entered your system.
Addresses are checked against government sources and each one is rated to indicate the confidence of a match.
- Misspellings and errors including street type or suburb are corrected.
- An address component such as a postcode is added if missing.
- Where an address can’t be verified, another is suggested.
Predictive text and autocomplete addressing embeds into your online patient information system.
You’ll never collect a bad address when people select from a pre-populated and verified list.
Address verification also adds a latitude and longitude to each patient address, so you can plot on a map the location and distribution of people accessing your health service.
Enriched patient address data enables location analysis and reporting. It reveals patterns and insights that drive operational efficiencies.
Anonymised, aggregated patient addresses help identify trends and manage population health.
Attach other types of data to each address:
- ABS Statistical Area
- Local Government Area (LGA)
- State or Federal Electorate
- Remoteness Index
Build address validation and geolocation into your patient information system. Collect clean addresses and map the location of people accessing your health service.
Challenges in health and aged care
COVID-19 has increased demand on our health and aged care systems. Providers are under increased public scrutiny, while consumers expect a good experience – as with any purchase they make. Quality patient address data is crucial.
Why Geoscape address services?
Geoscape data describes the addresses, land, buildings and transport networks across Australia’s 7.6 million square kilometres.
- Our address services are customisable for many applications.
- We check your addresses against official sources.
- Our reference address dataset of 17 million+ records is updated daily.
- We’ve managed Australia’s Geocoded National Address File for 17 years.
- We’re government-owned and trusted.
If you never collect a bad address, what will you save?
Ask us how!
Don’t just take our word for it.
A state-based system rarely stops at the border. We needed consistent national address coverage for issues we’re facing now, like COVID-19 border permits.
Dr Greg WindsorNSW Government
Now we’re getting accurate address data in the first customer interaction, it’s saving everyone a lot of time and increasing the reputation of the government.